Financial Planning and Process Coach
XY Planning Network (XYPN) is the leading organization for fee-only financial advisors who want to serve their Gen X and Gen Y peers, providing comprehensive financial planning services for a monthly subscription fee and without product sales or asset minimums. The Network offers a virtual community for new and established financial advisors who want to serve a younger clientele, and provides its members compliance support services, marketing support, business tools and templates, and a wide range of technology solutions.
XYPN was nationally recognized as one of The 346 Best Places to Work in 2019 by Inc. magazine. In addition, we have recently earned accolades as one of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies in Montana and in the US by Inc. magazine. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that is reshaping the financial services industry.
About the Position:
We are looking for a savvy, innovative Financial Planning and Process Coach to join the Advisor Education team in beautiful Bozeman, MT. This position will work closely with our awesome XY Planning Network firms as they launch, grow, and build thriving businesses that focus on Gen X and Y clients! Your primary responsibilities will include developing an XYPN Financial Planning Process, training advisors on how to implement this process, and providing best practices to firm owners on planning and process improvements.
In this role you’ll help advisors integrate their planning process into their core technology offering and increase efficiencies in their businesses. You'll work with launching firms to help them set up a foundational financial planning and process, providing templates/best practices for each phase of the planning process -- including service model, pricing structure, and delivery of services. This will be done through webinars/recorded training, group coaching calls, and one-on-one consults.
You'll also supply growing firms with smart best practices for improving on their existing planning and processes. As part of your work, you'll collaborate with advisors to help them build repeatable processes that will enable them to serve their clients effectively, while also growing their businesses. Additionally, you will provide firm owners with opportunities to become better financial planners by providing access to advanced planning training and concepts.
Overall, the Financial Planning and Process Coach will be responsible for the creation and implementation of the XYPN Planning Process, while helping lead the overall strategy for financial planning training provided to all XYPN Firms. If you have a passion to support the growth of the next generation of financial planners, we want to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop content for the XYPN Financial Planning Process to be delivered in different mediums: Courses, Webinars, Coaching
- Train XYPN members on launching the XYPN Financial Planning Process
- Providing group coaching sessions to launching firms on setting up base level Financial Planning and service models
- Supplying best practices to XYPN firms on building workflows and processes
- Helping firms painlessly integrate their planning process and workflows with XYPN core technology
- Assist advisors in integrating technology into their businesses and train on how to increase efficiencies using XYPN core technology stack
- Delivering friendly, smart one-on-one coaching with experienced advisors and firms on planning and process implementation
- Leading the strategy for all financial planning and process training and support delivered to XYPN firms
Start Date: Immediately
Status: Full-time (40-45 hours/week)
Location: Bozeman, MT
Department: Advisor Education
Reports to: Director of Advisor Education
Direct Reports: N/A
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary: $75,703 - $92,596/year, DOE
- Unlimited vacation days to maintain work-life harmony (we require that you take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year)
- 8 paid holidays when the office is closed
- 401(k) with match; you put in 6% and we put in 4.5%
- 12 weeks of paid maternity/paternity leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Health insurance w/employer contribution
- Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, and Accident insurance options
- Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Employer paid Long Term Disability coverage
- $600/year to cover the cost of working with a financial planner, plus up to $500 toward the upfront fee
- $250/quarter to spend on yourself specific to our core value of “Be Well Being You”
- $500 donated to a non-profit organization of your choice when you volunteer 40 hours within the calendar year
- $2,000/year available in Professional Development Funds
- A sabbatical program that includes a cash bonus and extra time off at 5, 10, and 15 years
- Subsidized employer-sponsored childcare through our internal child care program
- $5,000 relocation package available to those moving to Bozeman, MT
- Company-owned laptop computer provided
- Please see our Policies and Procedures Manual to learn more about our company and benefit offerings
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Authorized to live and work in the United States
- Undergraduate Degree or related equivalent experience
- CFP designation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a financial planning firm and being part of the financial planning creation and delivery with clients
- Experience in creating and implementing workflows in a financial planning firm (aka: you're a process & procedure geek!)
- A complete understanding of each phase of the financial planning process
- Familiarity with CRMs and financial planning software
- Experience in creating, executing, and rocking out training programs
- Experience in providing training and coaching to financial advisors
- A+ communication skills with the ability to convey information clearly and positively in any medium
- Consistent attentiveness to work quality -- no detail escapes your keen eyes!
- Familiarity in self-organizing your days -- you can deftly manage your projects and tasks, and re-prioritize as needed
- Dependable, harmonious work ethic
- Cover Letter
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received