XY Planning Network (XYPN) is the leading organization for fee-only financial advisors who want to serve their Gen X and Gen Y peers, providing comprehensive financial planning services for a monthly subscription fee and without product sales or asset minimums. The Network offers a virtual community for new and established financial advisors who want to serve a younger clientele, and provides its members compliance support services, marketing support, business tools and templates, and a wide range of technology solutions.
XYPN was nationally recognized as one of The 346 Best Places to Work in 2019 by Inc. magazine. In addition, we have recently earned accolades as one of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies in Montana and in the US by Inc. magazine. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that is reshaping the financial services industry.
About the Position:
We’re looking for a full-time Director of Advisor Education to join the Member Success team in beautiful Bozeman, MT. This position leads a team of talented people focused on delivery of quality educational content to our members with the objective of helping them run successful businesses, and be more effective financial planners to their Gen X and Y clients.
We are value-focused and strive to help financial planners best serve their clients, ultimately helping more people live their great lives! We don’t fabricate reasons for hangin’ around. If members don’t see and believe in the value they can leave at any time; thus, clearly delivering great content to our membership, articulating value, and engaging every day is critical.
More specifically, the Advisor Education team currently pursues the above goals by providing education to our members through multiple coaching formats (1 to 1, small group, and network wide), an online course platform called XYPN Academy, and building tools and resources for members to use in their own practices. In this context, the Director of Advisor Education will be responsible for managing the Advisor Education team and deliverables, including contributing to and overseeing the process of building online courses (XYPN Academy), managing the XYPN coaching programs, and contributing to and overseeing the process of building tools for XYPN members to use in their practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and develop the Advisor Education team, which currently includes:
- Coaches - Currently this includes: Executive Business Coach, Marketing Coach, Sales Coach, and (soon to be hired) Financial Planning and Process Coach
- Content Manager - Instructional designer responsible for curriculum design
- Operations Intern
- Manage the build out of additional business coaching programs
- Build and manage process for expanding content and courses within XYPN Academy, our learning management software
- Build tools and templates, checklists and how-to guides, for XYPN members to use in their practice. This will involve utilizing Subject Matter Experts to collect data, and converting into usable processes and workflows for members.
- Help develop a standardized XYPN financial planning process and templated deliverables that members can use and adapt in their own practices
- Manage annual Benchmarking Survey we conduct with our members (using a third-party research firm to execute the survey process and produce the initial benchmarking report), and make meaningful improvements to the team and programs based on the results
- Responsible for content at our national conference #XYPNLIVE, regional events that currently include PAUSE (for our growing firms) and XYPN Residency (for new advisors), monthly CE webinars, and regular content for members delivered via webinar/Academy/other platform
- Manage XYPN scholarship programs including for the CFP Exam, FPA Residency, and more
- Help evaluate tools and services that our advisors are requesting to determine if XYPN should formally partner and promote
- Monthly blog post for our XYPN Blog
Metrics of Success:
- Member business success
- Advisor satisfaction with their business
Start Date: Immediately
Status: Full-time (40-45 hours/week)
Location: Bozeman, MT
Department: Member Success
Reports to: Senior Director of Member Success
Direct Reports: Executive Business Coach, Marketing Coach, Academy Manager, Financial Planning and Process Coach and Sales Coach
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary: $86,808 - $98,383/year, DOE
- Unlimited vacation days to maintain work-life harmony (we require that you take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year)
- 8 paid holidays when the office is closed
- 401(k) with match; you put in 6% and we put in 4.5%
- 12 weeks of paid maternity/paternity leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Health insurance w/employer contribution
- Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D, and Accident insurance options
- Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Employer paid Long Term Disability coverage
- $600/year to cover the cost of working with a financial planner, plus up to $500 toward the upfront fee
- $250/quarter to spend on yourself specific to our core value of “Be Well Being You”
- $500 donated to a non-profit organization of your choice when you volunteer 40 hours within the calendar year
- $2,000/year available in Professional Development Funds
- A sabbatical program that includes a cash bonus and extra time off at 5, 10, and 15 years
- Subsidized employer-sponsored childcare through our internal child care program
- $5,000 relocation package available to those moving to Bozeman, MT
- Company-owned laptop computer provided
- Please see our Policies and Procedures Manual to learn more about our company and benefit offerings